This section covers issues related to the handling of MIB files.
- Where can I find a MIB compiler?
- Why aren't my MIB files being read in?
- Where should I put my MIB files?
- What does "Cannot find module (XXX-MIB)" mean?
- I'm getting answers, but they're all numbers. Why?
- What does "unlinked OID" mean?
- The parser doesn't handle comments properly. Why not?
- How can I get more information about problems with MIB files?
- What's this about "too many imported symbols"?
- Do I actually need the MIB files?
Feel free to propose additional questions for this section
- Can the Net-SNMP API be used for MIB parsing and callbacks related to parsing? Eg, load a MIB file, and get all the symbols exposed by that MIB? [from Piyer]
or suggest entries that might be more appropriate in a different section.
Comments on the content or phrasing of individual entries should be made on the relevant wiki page - this page is more intended for discussion of the higher-level structure of this section.
Other FAQ Sections
The other sections are: