This section covers issues related to compiling the Net-SNMP software suite.
- How do I control the environment used to compile the software?
- How do I control the environment used to compile the software under Windows?
- Why does the compilation complain about missing libraries?
- How can I reduce the memory footprint?
- How can I reduce the installation footprint or speed up compilation?
- How can I compile the project for use on an embedded system?
- How can I compile the project to use static linking?
- Why does 'make test' skip various tests?
- Why does 'make test' complain about a pid file?
Feel free to propose additional questions for this section
or suggest entries that might be more appropriate in a different section.
Comments on the content or phrasing of individual entries should be made on the relevant wiki page - this page is more intended for discussion of the higher-level structure of this section.
Other FAQ Sections
The other sections are:
FAQ:General FAQ:Applications FAQ:Perl FAQ:MIBs FAQ:Agent FAQ:Compiling FAQ:Coding FAQ:Misc