How do I find out about new releases?
There is a mailing list for these announcements
To be added to (or removed from) this list, visit
Or you can send a message to the address
with a subject line of 'subscribe' (or 'unsubscribe' as appropriate).
Advance notice of upcoming releases are also made on the net-snmp-users list (for "release candidates") for a week or two before the full release, and on the net-snmp-coders list (for "pre-releases") during the period prior to this.
Major code revisions may be announced more widely, but these lists are the most reliable way to keep in touch with the status of the package.
Patches to fix known problems are also made available via the web site:
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?