What happens if mine isn't listed?
It's probably worth trying to compile it anyway. Unless your system is significantly different to the supported configurations, most of the code (library, applications and the agent infrastructure) should probably compile with little or no difficulty. The most likely source of problems will be MIB modules within the agent, as this tends to be where the most system-specific code is found.
If only a few modules fail to compile, try removing them from
the agent by running
and re-compiling. If a large number of modules fail, then it
might be easier to start from a relatively bare system, using
configure --enable-mini-agent --with-defaults. Then if this
minimal agent compiles and runs successfully, try adding each of
the missing mibgroups using the configure option
If configure fails with "invalid configuration" messages, or you get completely stuck, contact the coders list for advice. Similarly, if you manage to get this working on a new system, please let us know of any code changes that you needed to make, together with details of the hardware you're using, and what versions of the operating system you've tried it on. The entry 'host' in the file 'config.status' will show this information. Oh, and congratulations!
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?