Does it run on Windows?
The suite should compile and run on Win32 platforms, including
the library, command-line tools and the basic agent framework.
Note that the agent now includes support for the MIB-II module,
but this requires Microsoft's Core Platform SDK. Instructions
for how to install this are given in
Pre-compiled binaries are available from the project web site.
As of v5.4, the Net-SNMP agent is able to load the Windows SNMP
service extension DLLs by using the Net-SNMP
Some other Net-SNMP MIB modules, including the UCD pass-through extensions, do not currently work under Windows. Volunteers to assist with these missing modules are likely to welcomed with open arms :-)
Further details of Windows support (currently Visual C++, MinGW
and Cygnus cygwin32) is available in the file
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?