Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package
This package currently supports the original SNMPv1 (RFC 1157), Community-based SNMPv2 (RFCs 1901-1908), and SNMPv3 (RFCs 3411-3418). The agent will respond to requests using any of these protocols, and all the tools take a command-line option to determine which version to use.
Support for SNMPv2 classic (a.k.a. "SNMPv2 historic" - RFCs 1441-1452) was dropped with the 4.0 release of the UCD-snmp package.
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?