From Net-SNMP Wiki
What ports does SNMP use?
There are three main network ports (and one named socket), which are typically used by SNMP. These are:
UDP port 161 - SNMP requests (GET* and SET) UDP port 162 - SNMP notifications (Traps/Informs) TCP port 705 - AgentX /var/agentx/master - AgentX
However, these are simply the default "well-known" ports for these purposes, and it is perfectly possible to accept requests on other ports.
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?