Using the command line and nmake
Setup the build system
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express
- Download and install the Microsoft SDK
- Download and install ActivePerl for the Make scripts
Open a command prompt with the correct options:
- cmd /V:ON /E:ON
Set the environment variables for Visual Studio as well as the SDK (modify paths to match your install locations)
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0\Bin\setenv.cmd
Set the install directory variable to what net-snmp expects
- SET MSVCDir=%VSINSTALLDIR%
Run the build script
- "This application ahs failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the applcation may fix this problem."
- This error is related to the MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Generally you can remedy this issue by runing vcredist_x86.exe (MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package) on the target system.